- In line with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 of Malaysia (PDPA), any personal data provided by the company/individual shall be protected according to the Act. Personal data includes information that can be linked or directed to a specific individual such as name, address, phone number or email address. In the event NCIA asks the company/individual to provide certain information by which an individual/personnel can be identified when using this website, then the company/individual can be assured that it will only be used for such purpose that it has been requested.
- NCIA is committed to the privacy of our official website user’s information. NCIA attempts to provide a safe and secure environment.
- Your data will be stored and processed in Malaysia. If you access NCIA’s website from any foreign country, your usage of this site constitutes consent to the transfer of your data out of your country and to Malaysia.
No personal information will be collected whilst you browse this website except for information submitted by you through e-mails or online application.
- All personal data delivered will be protected and kept by using suitable security technology.
- This information may be shared with third party or other agencies to help provide more efficient and effective service. For example:
- Our advisors, auditors, consultants, contractors, products and service providers such as our web developer or for analysing data. These companies and individuals will have access to your personal information on a need to know basis as necessary to perform their functions, but they may not share that information with any other third party.
- Regulatory authorities, enforcement agencies and any relevant parties in connection with any legal proceedings, or in settling any questionnaires or resolving complaints that require feedback from other agencies.
- NCIA may disclose such information if legally required to do so. This may arise and requested to do so by a governmental entity or if NCIA believes in good faith that such action is necessary to:
- conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process;
- protect the rights or property of NCIA;
- prevent a crime or protect national security; or
- protect the personal safety of the public.
- NCIA has implemented reasonable technical and organisational measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorised access, use, alteration or disclosure. However, NCIA cannot guarantee that unauthorised third parties will never be able to defeat those measures or use your personal information for improper purposes.
Access, Rectify Or Limit The Process Of Your Personal Information
- You may at any time request to access, rectify, update or limit the process of your personal data by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Provide you information or updates you requested in relation to our programmes or projects; or
- Process or carry out relevant transactions.
All electronic storage and transmission of personal data are secured and stored with appropriate security technologies.
What Happens When I Link To Another Website?
For the purpose of improving the level of security and efficiency of NCIA’s web portal general information of visitors such as browser type, domain name and other information will be used in the collection and analysis of demographic information and pages frequently visited by customers. However, it does not involve individual privacy.
This website will use “cookies” to maximise your online experience. It is to provide a convenience feature to save your time. You may have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline all cookies if you prefer. Alternatively, you may be able to modify your browser setting to notify you each time a cookie is tendered and permit you to accept or decline cookies on an individual basis. If you choose to decline cookies, however, that may hinder performance and impact your experience on this website.
NCIA wants to provide services that are easy to use, useful and reliable. Where services are delivered on the internet, this sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your computer, tablet or mobile phone. These include small files known as cookies. These pieces of information are used to improve services for you through, for example:
- enabling a service to recognise your device so you don’t have to give the same information several times.
- measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use.
Changes To This Policy
All feedback from visitors are welcome.
- All content, including information, text, images, logos, graphics, sound files, video files and their arrangement, and material in this website is owned by NCIA unless otherwise indicated. No part or parts of this website may be modified, copied, distributed, retransmitted, broadcasted, displayed, published, licensed, transferred, sold or commercially dealt with in any manner without prior written permission from NCIA. Similarly, reproduction, transfer, distribution or storage of part or all of the contents in any form without the prior written permission of NCIA is prohibited.
- NCIA reserves the right to revise the contents or withdraw access to them at any time. NCIA assumes no responsibility for material created or published by third party.
- Contributing or disseminating of prohibited information and negative materials contrary to the country’s policies are prohibited.
- Spreading of information with political overtones, seditious or racist or whichever that affects the government and NCIA reputation is prohibited.
- Visitors must ensure files attached are free of viruses.
- Visitors are fully responsible for information keyed-in.
- All information to be uploaded to NCIA’s website must have the approval of Head, Corporate Communications Unit.
- Breaking or hacking attempts into NCIA’s website are prohibited.
NCER Logo or Marks Usage
Use, reproduction, copying, or redistribution of marks or logos belonging to NCIA without prior written permission is strictly prohibited. If any third party has a pre-existing agreement with NCIA, specific terms highlighting the rights and obligations regarding use of NCIA’s marks or logos are applicable. If you do not have an existing agreement with or written permission from NCIA, you do not have permission to use NCIA’s marks or logos and legal actions will follow suit.
- NCIA is committed to your online security, but you need to be alert.
- Please ensure that identifiers and passwords you use when accessing NCIA system are kept secure. Any suspicious activity should be reported to NCIA immediately.
- If you have received an email from NCIA that you consider to be suspicious or fraudulent, please forward it to email@example.com. Action will be taken on each report received.
- All information displayed on this website is strictly intended for general information and reference only. The information displayed herein is subject to changes and may no longer be accurate after the uploading date.
- While every care is taken in the preparation of the information contained in this website, no warranty, express or implied is given by NCIA and any of its employees as to the completeness and accuracy of the information given and NCIA and its employees are not responsible for any errors or omissions which may occur. In no circumstances will NCIA and any of its employees be liable or responsible for any damages arising out of or related to the use or reliance of the information contained in it, whether by action in contract, tort or otherwise howsoever.
- NCIA shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused by the usage of any information obtained from this website.